Man charged over attack

| 03/04/2009

(CNS): A 41-year-old man has now been charged with three offences following an attack on a woman in George Town on Monday, 30 March. Garfield Silburn will appear in court this morning (Friday, 3 April) charged with GBH, GBH with intent and aggravated burglary.  Police said at the time of the assault that the woman suffered injuries to her face, head and neck which required hospital treatment.

The 911 Emergency Communications Centre received a call at approximately 12:15 pm on Monday reporting an assault at a residence off South Church Street. Officers responded and found a 30-year-old woman, who said she had been repeatedly assaulted by her boyfriend. The man, who was still at the residence when police arrived, was arrested for various offences including ABH.

“The RCIPS takes assaults of any nature, whether against females or males, very seriously,” said Acting Chief Superintendent Marlon Bodden. “As with all allegations of a crime, once there is evidence of an offense we take swift action to investigate the matter and prosecute the perpetrator.”

Anyone with information about crime taking place in the Cayman Islands should contact their local police station or Crime Stoppers on 800-8477 (TIPS). All persons calling crime stoppers remain anonymous, and are eligible for a reward of up to $1000, should their information lead to an arrest or recovery of property/drugs.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Category: Headline News

Comments are closed.