Royal couple postpone honeymoon

| 30/04/2011

(AFP): Britain’s Prince William and his bride will not be going on honeymoon this weekend, their St James’s Palace office said on Saturday, with the prince returning to his duties as a military pilot next week. The couple departed Buckingham Palace by helicopter for an undisclosed location and have made it clear they want the media to respect their privacy as they spend a private weekend in the country. "The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have chosen not to depart for a honeymoon immediately," the palace said.

The smiling couple held hands as they strolled through the palace grounds, then shook hands with royal staff before leaving. The pageantry of their wedding service gave way to a night of dinner and dancing for the royal couple and 300 guests, who partied until 3:00 am.

The secrecy surrounding the couple’s honeymoon destination has led to intense speculation.
William, the second-in-line to the throne, has a deep love of Africa and he proposed to Kate in Kenya last year, so that has been mooted as a possible honeymoon spot. Jordan has also been touted as a possibility and would have nostalgic appeal for Kate as her family lived in the kingdom for two years when she was a child.

But given the current upheaval in the Middle East, it might be considered a compromised choice.
A secluded Caribbean island would allow the couple to escape the prying eyes of the media.

Go to article

 

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Category: World News

Comments (2)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

  1. Anonymous says:

    I thought they started their honeymoon about 8 years ago. 

    • Anonymous says:

      This is the difference between a man who will be a true leader and those who are (no names but you know where the finger is pointing) only in it for what they can get.

      Flying an SAR helicopter out of RAF Valley is a tough way to earn a living whoever you are and if you don’t respect that go – well I think you know the rest.