Do you owe Uncle Sam? Find a good tax attorney

| 01/02/2012

uncle_sam_taxes.jpg(CNS Business): People who live in the Cayman Islands who are US citizens, green card holders or even just have spent more than 183 days in any calendar year in the United States, are all required to file tax returns in the US, as they may be liable to pay tax there. According to US tax expert Shawn P Wolf, filing tax returns did not automatically make the individual liable to actually pay tax as certain exemptions or exclusions applied, particularly for those people who truly lived and worked outside the US. However, speaking at a seminar aimed at helping such individuals get started with filing their US tax returns, he warned that the only way to apply for such exemption was to file a return in the first place. Read more on CNS Business

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Category: Business

Comments are closed.