Robbery suspects rounded up

| 09/07/2012

CNB robbery_0.jpg(CNS):  Updated 3:50pm — Police now have a total of six people behind bars in connection with last month’s Cayman National Bank robbery and the Weststar TV heist which took place in May. A police spokesperson said two more men were charged with the bank hold-up this morning and more arrests were made over the weekend and on Monday, including a 40-year-old woman.  Two men, aged 23 and 27, appeared in court today charged with robbery and possession of an imitation firearm with intent to commit an indictable offence. The same two men have also been arrested over the robbery at Weststar TV on 24 May on suspicion of robbery, along with a third man, aged 33, who was also arrested regarding both robberies.

At the weekend police arrested two more men in connection with the bank robbery at CNB in Buckingham Square, where the gang of armed men made off with almost a half million dollars in cash on 28 June. During their escape their getaway vehicle collided with a bank van, forcing the robbers to flee on foot. As they fled they dropped some $100,000 before being picked up by another car and making their escape.

Police made the first arrest in West Bay the day after the heist and now have a total of five men in custody in connection with the robbery and one woman. Police said Monday afternoon that  a 40-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit robbery. She remains in police custody while enquiries continue.

The first man charged with the crime was 29-year-old Marlon Dillon, who appeared in court last week and was remanded in custody to HMP Northward. Two others appeared Monday while two more men remain in police custody. One other woman however was arrested in connection with the crime but released on police bail.

Category: Crime

Comments (1)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

  1. Knot S Smart says:

    The Police are doing an improved job in tackling crime!