Immigration hunt Cuban mother and son

| 18/02/2013

Capture_19.JPG(CNS): Two Cuban migrants granted temporary admission into the Cayman Islands earlier this month have gone missing. Immigration officials have released an appeal for the mother and son, who were last seen on Saturday. Nelvis Madeleinis Rodriguez, 33, and her 15 year-old son, Adriano Aldana Rodriguez, failed to report for curfew at a house in Newport  Avenue off Walkers Road, George Town, where they were being accommodated by government. The authorities are appealing to the community for any sightings or information on their whereabouts.

son.JPG

Part of a group of 21 Cuban refugees who passed Cayman Brac recently, Nelvis Rodriguez is described as 5’1” in height, weighing about 120 pounds with black hair and brown eyes The sone is said to be 5’5” in height and weighs 100 pounds. He has brown hair and brown eyes.

Immigration officials say six of the 21 migrants disembarked the vessel and opted not to continue their journey. The mother and son were housed separately from the others because the immigration detention facility was not considered suitable to house a minor.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Garfield Wong at 526-0480, Joey Scott at 526-0433; or Jeremy Scott at 526-7937.

See immigration Bulletin below.

Category: Local News

Comments (4)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

  1. Anonymous says:

    They made it safely and are alive and well in Central America along with 17 other Cubans landed 10th March..Call off your search. 

  2. Anonymous says:

    Human Rights for the Cuban inmigrants.

    They risk their lives for freedom. Sure they would not settle for less.

    Despite all the bad comments they are brave human beings looking for what we all

    want: FREEDOM.

    Look youtube: Not worth Water> Short history of Cubans.

    May God bless all who cares and may help implement: Human rights for the Cubans.

  3. Anynomous says:

    Have you checked the fishing boats.