2nd charge in WB killing

| 20/12/2013
(CNS): Police have charged a second man with the murder of Robert Mackford Bush who was gunned down in West Bay in 2011. An RCIPS spokesperson stated that officers had charged a 34 year old Jamaican man with murder at 11.32am today. Police said Friday that they expected the man who is in police custody to appear in court at a later date. They did not name the man or detail when he was arrested. Brian Borden from West Bay has already been charged with the killing and pleaded not guilty. He is awaiting trial which is scheduled for January. However, Borden has been in custody for more than 18 months since his arrest in September 2012 and is still waiting for a decision from the Chief Justice challenging his incarceration under the bill of rights.

 
Bush was killed at the junction of Capts Joe and Osbert Road in the Birch Tree Hill, in September 2011 when two masked gunmen were said to have open fire on him as he sat in a parked car.
The killing which was said to be gang related triggered a series of tit for tat shootings over a ten day period in West Bay, George Town and East End in which five young men lost their lives and another was badly injured.
 
Earlier this year Bush's father was also gunned down and killed outside his home in Daisy Lane West Bay. The body of Irwin Bush was found outside his door at around 10pm on the night of Sunday 15 September almost two years to the date after his son's murder. Although the police made several arrests in the case no has been charged in connection with his death. 

Category: Crime

Comments are closed.