Beauty salon fire this morning

| 21/09/2009

(CNS): A small blaze at an Eastern Avenue hair salon early this morning (Monday, 21 September), apparently caused by an appliance that is used for warming towels, has been extinguished by the Cayman Islands Fire Service. Deputy Chief Fire Officer Doorly McLaughlin confirmed that a team responded to a 911 report received around 5:00am of a fire at the Hype Beauty Hair Salon in Glazier Plaza on Eastern Ave, next to Cayman Glass. “Upon arrival officers saw dense black smoke coming from the beauty salon located on the second floor. They were able to extinguish the fire within minutes. The salon suffered only moderate fire damage, but extensive smoke damage also occurred,” he explained.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Category: Local News

About the Author ()

Comments (2)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

  1. Anonymous says:

    Hands down, the best value barbers on Island are also in there, I hope there wasn’t too much damage.

  2. noname says:

    A towel warmer … in the tropics?  CNS surely you jest!