Fire destroys George Town apartment

| 21/05/2011

(CNS): A flate night fire at an apartment on School Road in George Town on Friday has destroyed the property, CNS understands. Although officials have not yet confirmed how the fire started or details of the incident police have stated that there appears to be no suspicious circumstances and that no one was hurt in the blaze. According to witnesses at the scene the fire may have been started when a resident fell asleep smoking a cigarette. Fire crews and other emergency services were at the scene at around 11:15pm to put out the blaze but the apartment and the man's belongings were lost.  (Photo Dennie Warren Jr)

Check back to CNS for more details later

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Category: Local News

About the Author ()

Comments (1)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

  1. Anonymous says:

    A job well-done Fire Department. Keep up the good work, even though you all are not being monetarily awarded properly.  Underpaid working dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!