New group of Cubans intercepted in local waters

| 15/11/2011

(CNS): Government officials have confirmed that the department of immigration intercepted a vessel carrying seventeen Cuban migrants on Saturday night. The sixteen men and one woman were picked up by officers when their boat ran aground off Cayman Brac. All of the refugees were said to be in good health, according to a government statement. The group was expected to be transferred to Grand Cayman this week for processing, where they will join a group of nineteen Cuban migrants who arrived last month but are still being held on Grand Cayman. (Photo supplied by GIS)
 

Category: Local News

Comments (5)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

  1. Anonymous says:

    Makes me wonder how long it will be before the Cubans are "intercepting" and "picking up" refugees from Cayman for "processing". Hopefully we won't end up in Alpo cans after being "processed".

     

  2. Anonymous says:

    17 Cubans in a Cessna? picked up by a Mexican and a Colombian? They got connections!! Ha ha ha 

  3. Anonymous says:

    This may be a part of the plane crash puzzle.

  4. Knot S Smart says:

    Cayman Brac has not had this much excitement for a long time.. Plane crash.. Cuban refugees..

    British avaition investigators coming.. Pirates week soon come…

    • Anonymous says:

      And halloween just gone and Christmas coming. And after that the execu…er elections. Talk about excitement…