Cops close case on bones found in George Town

| 09/11/2010

(CNS): The human skeletal remains found in a wooded area off Bobby Thompson Way earlier this year have been identified as a man who disappeared some seven years ago. Police confirmed on Tuesday that the investigation launched following the discovery of the bones, which had been in the place where they were found for several years, has now been completed and the case has been closed. The police said there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death of the 38-year-old man. Following extensive forensic testing, police are now certain who the man was but at the request of his family did not reveal his name.

Detective Superintendent Marlon Bodden, the officer who led the investigation, confirmed that the file was closed and the family of the deceased had been informed. “We have established that the deceased was a male, now known to authorities,” Bodden said. “The deceased was reported missing in June of 2003, when he was aged 38 years. Despite extensive enquiries carried out at the time by the police and his family, the deceased was never traced. Over the past 7 years his family have been left wondering what had become of him.”

Bodden said that in respect to the family he would not comment on his death but there were no suspicious circumstances.

According to reports in the Caymanian Compass, the body is allegedly that of Keith Augustus Balkaran, of Jamaica, who was believed to have gone missing around 8pm Saturday, 31 May 2003. His disappearance was later reported to police and he said to have was last been seen earlier that evening at an address on Fairview Road, George Town. 

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Category: Local News

About the Author ()

Comments (1)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

  1. Durrr says:

    way too many conspiracy theorists on this website

    here is the Compass report from when the remains were found:

    note: Mr. Green says a cord was hanging from a tree under which the skeleton was lying.

    The man clearly committed suicide, so as far as I’m concerned the family should be left alone to mourn (after 7 years of not knowing) and their wishes be respected