Dangerous driving charges against cop dismissed

| 14/03/2014

(CNS): A 48-year-old police officer who was charged with dangerous driving after he was involved in a collision on Walkers Road, George Town, in the school zone last year walked away from Traffic Court on Thursday with a clean driving record. The magistrate told Detective Inspector Adeniyi Collins Oremule that he was free to leave court when the crown told the court it was offering no evidence in the case following a review of the file by the director of public prosecutions. The officer was driving an unmarked police car at the time of the smash last April when he reportedly overtook a number of cars in a slow traffic line in order to turn right but then hit another car.

The crash occurred during the time when the school zone was in operation and close to a pedestrian crossing, according to details on the court file.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Category: Local News

Comments (13)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

  1. anonymous says:

    Ok, but did he manage to pick his kids up?

  2. anonymous says:

    So I guess the disciplinary hearing is not going ahead either? 

  3. Anonymous says:

    Always protecting their own, its no wonder there is such a lack of respect for the RCIP throughout the community. There may be a few good officers on the force but the majority spoil the whole bunch.  Baines start holding yourself and your officers accountable to upold the very laws you expect the public to.  We can always count on our incompetent legal department.

    • Anonymous says:

      How idiotic will these comments get?!? The police did not decide to offer no evidence, and the matter was put before the court, despite the fact that if it was a civilian, it probably would not have ended up there. Clearly, the police is ensuring that no one could accuse them of protecting their own; but, they did not reckon with the idiots in this forum.

  4. Anonymous says:

    YOU ALL HAVE IT WRONG

    If Collin was an ENGLISH officer you would have never heard about the accident, let alone going to court.

  5. Anonymous says:

    Unbelievable. . . . . .

  6. Frank says:

    If this was a member of the public, it would have been a 6 month drivig ban for wreckless driving.  The RCIPS are always pulling this kind of sh*t. They used to do it on the harquail bypass. Light and sirens on until they are ahead of traffic, then back to regular driving. 

  7. Anonymous says:

    No surprises here! RCIPS always look after their own.

  8. Anonymous says:

    Disgusting.

  9. Anonymous says:

    Check on the insurance settlement

    !

    • Anonymous says:

      Who is going to pay?  The taxpayers.  Wait until they start mashing up and writing off the new fleet.  They should be make responsible for the replacement.  Not used to driving to begin with.

  10. say what? says:

    SAY WHAT? smfh.. this island is a joke!