Moses: Brac economy 80% dependent on government

| 18/02/2014

Cayman Islands, Cayman Brac, Moses Kirkconnell(CNS Business): In today’s video interview with Deputy Premier Moses Kirkconnell, who has responsibility for the Sister Islands, he noted that the economy of Cayman Brac has never been balanced. He said that it has never had two pillars to sit on as Grand Cayman has had (tourism and finance) and has been 80% dependent on government and government projects and infrastructure building. “The other 20% is related to tourism,” he said. “What we need to do is look at how we can develop sustainability through having more diversity in our economy." Kirkconnell said, “Government employs approximately 80% of the people on Cayman Brac so the economy is totally dependent.” Read more and watch the video on CNS Business

Go to full article and comment

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Category: Local News

About the Author ()

Comments are closed.